Saturday 2 April 2016

Day 1 - 2014/09/30 (Tuesday)


Arrive at home base in Asakusa

A very late blog of day 1 of my trip so some photos such as those of items are outdated. Omatase Shimashita.

After 9 hours in the air and I assume about 90 minutes on a local train finally made it to Asakusa.
I was already familiar with this area as I had visited Sensoji the previous year but this time I will be based here.  So walked up Nakamise.


Turned left before the Hozomon gate.

Sensoji and the surrounding area is so nice to come home to each night after a long day out. I would be tired and legs in pain but once I come back here I start to feel relaxed.



Once I reach Don Quijote I turned right. It is extremely convenient to have this Don Quijote, multiple convenience stores that are each open 24 hours. When it rained I just needed to walk about 100 meters to donki and buy a 200yen umbrella.


Walk up this street with people enjoying having a meal and biiru with friends and colleagues.

Made it to this business hotel. I wanted to stay here the previous year but ended up staying in Ginza due to a recommendation. The hotel in Ginza and Ginza itself was very nice and had no complaints but staying in Asakusa was better and far more economical. Richmond hotel was betweem 8500-10000 yen a night. This cost included a room with a view of Sensoji and Skytree which is beautiful at night. The hotel and room was extrremely clean and they also had coin operated dryer/washers. Very convenient. Haha, yes I will probably mention this word many times.

After freshening up I went for a stroll. This is a ride in Hanayashiki amusement park just north of the hotel. It has been here since 1853.

This ride appears in Love Live s2e11 (14:05) when the cast ride on it.

One of a number of shopping arcades surrounding Sensoji.

You can stroll through the area late into the night without a worry. Heading to towards the main shrine.


Walking through another shopping arcade.

Had a cold drink and snack at Starbucks.

Asahi Beer.

Kaori doing the tourist thing and visiting the sites in Shirobako episode 8 (2:12). She sends a photo of her and the Asahi Beer building to Aoi.

Skytree looks amazing at night.

At the front of Kaminarimon Gate. Make sure you visit the Asakusa Cultural Tourist Information Center. It is the building with the vertical wooden framing on the right. There is a cool map of the Taito area on the ground floor while you can view Sensoji and the Sumida River from the 7th floor observatory. Nice place to relax.

Heading back to hotel.

Checked out the Adores game center.

A day is not complete without a visit to a convenience store. Umai!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment